Selection is based on the data you enter in the online application and may include an applicant interview at the discretion of NRCA's FEI Admissions Committee.
FEI online application instructions
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements for acceptance into the next Future Executives Institute:
- Have five or more years of experience managing a roofing business
- Be knowledgeable about his or her company’s structure, operations, and finance and accounting methods
- Have had increasingly responsible leadership experience
- Be at least 25 years old.
Information entered into the online application cannot be saved; therefore, you must enter all answers and upload documents at one time. The following process is recommended:
- The application must be filled out and submitted online. NRCA will not accept .pdf or hard copy applications. (To review the questions before beginning the online process, click here to download a .pdf of the application.)
- Review each question and have your answers prepared before starting the online application. (Some of the questions require preparation.) You can type your answers into another document, such as Word, so they can be cut and pasted into the application when you are ready to complete the online submission.
- Prepare your resume and make sure it is in a Word or .pdf format.
- Obtain your letter of recommendation and save it as a .pdf document.
- When you have steps 2-4 ready:
- Open the FEI online application.
- Please note: This application cannot be saved. All work has to be entered at one time and submitted.
- Enter your answers (if appropriate, cut and paste).
- Upload your resume.
- Upload your letter of recommendation.
Please contact Janice Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 323-9545, ext. 7505, or Tom Shanahan at email@example.com or (800) 323-9545, ext. 7538, if you have any questions.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being no experience and 10 being expert, rate your experience in the following five areas and provide an explanation of your rating:
(The sponsor's role is to recommend the student for the program, be a mentor to the student and monitor the student's progress along the way.)